Germany’s industrial base, just emerging from pandemic and unprecedented supply-chain challenges, is taking another beating with Russia’s war on Ukraine hitting its powerhouse car, chemical and precision-machinery manufacturers.
As the conflict pushes energy costs to new heights and a wave of inflation builds, scores of companies including BMW AG, BASF SE and ThyssenKrupp AG have warned their earnings will slip while others declined even to offer a prediction. Economists have slashed growth forecasts.
“If the war drags on, it would seriously threaten a world order that has brought freedom and prosperity to many parts of the world over the past decades,” Herbert Diess, Volkswagen AG’s chief executive officer, said this month at the company’s annual earnings press conference. “Europe would suffer the most in such a scenario.”
High prices of gas are caused by Europe’s anti-Russian policy, the Third Energy Package. It is already taking a toll on agriculture. Fertiliser is expensive, agrarians can’t heat their greenhouses. The Czech mainstream media are completely silent about this.
We are quickly getting Ukrainised here, and it is not the Ukrainian refugees that are causing it…
Meanwhile in Murica
Price of bread in the Czech Republic:
Yesterday I bought a half for 38 CZK, that means the whole loaf coasts 76 CZK. In Russia, bread costs…
Yes roughly 44 rubles. Here is 76 CZK in rubles:
Yes dear readers, a loaf of bread cost 347 rubles in the Czech Republic…
Shares of Fosagro, a large fertilizer producer.
10 liters of rapeseed oil, that would be 55 euros:
Ruble price is back to pre-sanctions levels…
Headlines like these, import cucumbers from Russia dorks! Or vote in a better government.
I don’t know which Czechs, but I do not see our future without natural gas, not at present…
You ain’t heating your home mother fuckers? How do you even live? Have you seen what the weather is?
So imagine, you have a house in the suburbs that is heated by gas, and you are commuting to work in the city by a car. So, you will have to wake up earlier to catch the bus, you will wait for the bus in the cold. Your house will also be cold, and ultimately you are harming yourself. Cold, and stress will fucking kill you.
It is not certain that you are actually harming Putin this way. The aforementioned Third Energy Package of the EU stipulates that the importer of gas, that is Gazprom, cannot be the distributor of gas in the EU. My gas is supplied by eON that gets gas from Germany and maybe other sources. 60% of gas in the Czech Republic is coming from Russia, via Germany and perhaps also the Ukrainian pipeline. However, what about the other 40% of gas. I don’t know if currently Russian gas is heating my home, or if it is some politically gas from Qatar or Norway? All I know is prices are through the roof, and I will have to likely save because it is bloody expensive.
High gas prices are the result of EU policy that is killing the industry, and harming the people. Meanwhile, mainstream media fuckers like Martin Fendrych are trying to sell you the idea that if you start saving, you will harm Putin’s war machine and help Ukraine. While the mainstream media is feeding you illiterate shit like this, 8 alternative websites with .cz domains that could have told you the truth about high energy prices are blocked, and top politicians accuse these sites of being sponsored by the Kremlin. The owners of those websites want to file a lawsuit against these politicians to prove their claims of Russian financing.
If you cannot produce affordable energy without Russia, then you will suffer because of your Russophobia and support for the Ukrainian Nazis. It is your fight. I will survive this hopefully because I have reserves and property. As for motherfuckers in the government, they should hope that the people will vote for them again after shameful display.