Browsing Twitter for mentions of my website I encountered this…
I thought the Western commentariat is now over such comments. It ain’t 2014 now and 6 years have passed to assess Ukraine’s success. These people must have their head so up the ass they do not see how good their post-Maidan Ukraine has faired.
- Ukraine is competing with Moldova for the title of the most impoverished country in Europe. Good luck getting anyone in Russia to want the same.
- Repression against the Russian cultural element by the government are rife making the country repulsive to any true Russian out there. Do you honestly think that a country that bans the Russian language would have any influence over Russia?
- Political opponents of the current regime are being literally killed. Oles’ Buzyna, an author, who advocated good relationship with Russia was killed outside his home by Neonazis one day after his address was leaked by Myrotvorets, a database run by the Ukrainian Secret Service.
- Neonazis, who are under control of the Ministry of Interior attack political opponents of the government, who are allegedly (according to fabricated evidence) pro-Russian.
- Nazi collaborators are being given monuments throughout Ukraine, as documented by Eduard Dolinsky. I understand that in the West, the propaganda tells us Neonazis in Ukraine are a fiction but the Russians are not exposed to such obscurantism.
- Ukraine has been part of several provocations against Russia, for instance they downed the MH17 (yes, I believe they did) plane to frame Russia. You honestly think such a gangster state that killed 300 people to frame rebels in Eastern Ukraine that are fighting against a regime that glorifies Nazis would inspire anyone in Russia?
- Also, statements about successful Ukraine having influence on Russia are never made by Ukrainian nationalists, who do not want Ukraine to be some kind of alter-Russia.
Honestly, the Russians ought make a quick process of anyone, who wants this kind of democratization in their home country. It is not even clear to me why Russia is deemed less democratic than Ukraine?